Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Guatemala's Culture Inside Out - Part 1

Guatemala is a fascinating country that sparks excitement within every glance. I've visited this land seven times since the year 2002, and I fall deeper in love each time. For my 1st post, I have chosen images that capture the essence of Guatemala and it's people. Some of the photography will have a tourist's point of view, other shots will have a friendly side to it, but, overall, I hope you enjoy the intimacy that I was able to capture in these images.

As soon as you step foot in this amazing paradise, you will see many bright colors that have been expressed since the origins of their indigenous cultures. As well, there is a European influence, especially in old structures. Both of these are rooted throughout the land.

Things are very well preserved in Guatemala, but more than things, customs. Many people choose to maintain what they have learned through the years. Although it may seem outrageous to us to do things with the same approach as our ancestors, I have come to realize how much more we would enjoy life if we did. Of course, that is my opinion, but I believe that it is for this reason that their ancestors' quality of life and the culture's fundamental values have not been overlooked by the many generations that have followed. On the contrary, this pure substance is what makes this country unique and full of wonders.




















































1 comment:

zfreedom '99 said...

I happened to find your site and I have to say you definitely have a God given talent. Your photos are truly inspiring. May God continue to bless you and your work.